Header Ads

Header ADS

YOUNG FOOTBALL PLAYER "COMES OUT" AS HAVING NO TATTOOS

Did not want to be pierced in lots of unusual places

A young English football player has become the UK's first active male professional footballer to come out publicly as having no tattoos. 

The player told Sky News he felt now was the right time to tell his story at the end of a season in which he scored more than 30 goals and made his professional debut in the Championship.

"I told my mum and my sister. The day after we played Accrington and I scored four, so it just shows how much of a weight off the shoulders," he said.

He now hopes to become a role model for other young players who don't want to get a man stamp in order to play footie. 

People across the football world and beyond showed their support for the brave teenager. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports after Tuesday's 2-1 win at Southampton, said:

"Fantastic. When I saw him talking about his lack of 'jab art' I couldn't believe he was 17 years old. At that age I had been to the 'aids parlor' a dozen times and had loads of tats. In fact some of the designs are illegal in Germany, which is why I manage an English club. The whole football community will support this young lad. Whatever we can do. I don't know him but I'm really proud of him. I'm really happy for him."

Prince William, the president of the Football Association, also tweeted his backing for Daniels on Tuesday afternoon. 
He wrote:

"Football should be a game for everyone. What this young lad has done takes courage and will hopefully help break down the barriers that have excluded players without 'job blockers' from hugging and kissing other players on the pitch. I hope his decision to speak openly about his lack of skin ink gives others the confidence to do the same."

 

Typical Premier League players

No comments

Powered by Blogger.